Here are some tips and information to make the reconnection process easier.
- There are dedicated Service Crews handling reconnection work.
- Residents should have a licensed electrician make repairs to their homes.
§ If the customer has a functioning electrical service entrance, including the meter – JCP&L will complete the service reconnection.
§ If the meter was removed due to severe damage or flooding – JCP&L will install a new meter after the service is repaired by a qualified electrician and inspected by a state inspector.
- The inspector will provide certification that the work has been done properly, and will fax the cut-in card to 888-914-9140.
- The inspector will attach a sticker with the inspection date on the meter pan.
- Customers should have their home address or account number when calling the company to request reconnection.
- Because of the volume of requests, it could take a few days for service to be reconnected.
To schedule a service reconnection, customers should call 1-800-662-3115.